The Sustainable Electricity Association New Zealand (SEANZ)is running New Zealand's first smart energy conference. SEANZ supports NZ’s energy supply with solar, small wind turbines and mini hydro renewable energy technologies.
In November 2012, New Zealand’s first major SMART ENERGY EXPO is being held following the SEANZ National Conference at the Wellington Town Hall Auditorium. Theevent is being sponsored by the Wellington City Council.
- You may be interested because you want to save money on those increasing power bills
- You may be involved with technology or components in this industry
- You may be interested in supplying, designing, installing
- You may be interested in electric vehicles and smart grid technology
- You may want to investigate SMART appliances
- You want to learn more about energy efficiency management
It's at the Wellington Town hall from November 23rd and 24th. This is a public event and open from 10am – 5pm daily.
- Admission is $10 /person
The SMART ENERGY EXPO will encompass those involved in the renewable distributed generation space - solar, wind, hydro, related smart energy solutions geothermal, bio industries and others as well as demand side initiatives including smart grid development, Electric Vehicles (EV’s) and smart appliances and infrastructure. The SMART ENERGY EXPO is happening on Friday November 23rd and Saturday 24th November, 2012.
The Expo is an industry and public event with primary goals of: Increasing public awareness and understanding of the technologies their benefits and how they can use it themselves and for the wider community Demonstrate the technologies and benefits are real and viable options of generation to support the current electricity model Seminars and workshops during Expo will concentrate on SMART energy solutions.
Key topics include:
- Standards information on the technologies – why solar is a disruptive model
- Multiple seminars focused on how to with grid connect and off grid systems
- Learn about Electric Vehicles, charging stations and support infrastructure
- Management systems, smart grid components and demand technologies
2012 National SEANZ Conference
- State of the nation, trends, economic and social impacts
- Case studies - powering a country, building a mini-grid, creating business success in Europe, inclusion of solar in the Christchurch rebuild, the Californian experience – DG and EV’s…
- Impacts with the new electrical standards
- The politicians views
- Networking evening - Gala Industry Dinner. featuring guest speakers and the Annual Industry SEANZ Sharp Awards