With its smoke-filled, alcohol-saturated casinos, few think of Las Vegas as a wholesome place to visit. But now, despite what they do with their spare time, travelers who stay at the famed MGM Grand Hotel & Casino will have a very healthful room in which to stay.
The resort has teamed up with Delos LLC , a U.S. real estate developer that focuses on the environmental and amenities that promote health and well being to create the first-ever STAY WELL rooms. This is the first time Delos has worked in the hotel marketplace; the company specializes in the private home sector.
Introduced in October, the rooms integrate medical science and technology to create hotel rooms that claim to support the health and wellbeing of guests. Each of the 42 STAY WELL rooms, located in the hotel’s main tower, features more than 12 health and wellness features. Delos designed the rooms in collaboration with doctors and researchers at the Columbia Medical School and the Cleveland Clinic .
Quoted in a news release from the MGM Grand , Scott Sibella, president and COO of the resort, said, “We know our guest come to Las Vegas to escape and unwind, but we also know that an increasing number of them are looking to take their wellness lifestyle on the road as an extension of their daily, healthful lives at home. The STAY WELL rooms at MGM Grand provide an unprecedented opportunity for a complete wellness hotel experience.”
Some of the features of the STAY WELL roomsinclude:
- Advance room lighting to help regulate melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles to reset the body’s internal clock
- Wake-up light therapy that exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- Special dawn simulator clocks that gradually awaken the body
- A STAY WELL HEPA-standard air purification system to reduce allergens, toxins and patogens
- Showers enhanced with vitamin C to neutralize chlorine for healthy hair and skin
- A water filtration system that reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine and pesticides and personal care products, resulting in clean, purified in-room water.
- Photo-catalytic coating that breaks down bacteria and viruses on surfaces.
Guests will also have access to the Cleveland Clinic’s wellness software that includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, and they can also take advantage of healthful good and drink options developed by the clinic. Dr. Deepak Chopra, co-founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing and a Delos advisory board member, appears on in-room televisions, welcoming guests, followed by a video that explains the features of the STAY WELL rooms.
The STAY WELL rooms at the MGM Grand include a $30 upgrade above the prevailing room and suite rates.